- Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- Data subject is any identified or identifiable natural person, whose personal data is processed by the controller responsible for the processing.
- Processing is any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- Profiling means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects concerning that natural person’s performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movements.
- Controller or controller responsible for the processing is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by applicable law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by applicable law.
- Processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
- Recipient is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.
- Third party is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.Consent
Collection of Information
- Why New Earth Horizon collects information including Personal Data.
This confidential information is collected through various methods including, but not limited to New Earth Horizon’s platform(s), applications and websites. New Earth Horizon may also obtain information directly from you and from third party sources. We may also use the standard “cookie” feature of major browser applications and other data capture mechanisms that allow us to store data about you including, without limitation, your visit to our platforms, applications and websites.
Specific information New Earth Horizon collects and how it is collected:
GeneralNew Earth Horizon collects several types of information when a data subject or automated system interacts with New Earth Horizon, its platforms, applications, websites and service offerings. This information includes, for example:
- Contact information including name, email, phone, fax and address of individual users of New Earth Horizon’s platforms, applications and websites
- Organization/Company name and customer type of individual users of New Earth Horizon’s platforms, applications and websites
- National ID (e.g. driving license, Passport, CONCAT, tax Id) of users of New Earth Horizon’s platforms where required by applicable law, for example by MIFID II.
- The browser types and versions used,
- System information related to the accessing of New Earth Horizon’s platforms, applications, websites and services including, without limitation, the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers), the sub-websites, the date and time of access to the Internet site, an Internet protocol address (IP address), the Internet service provider of the accessing system, and any other similar data
- Personal data of employees and agents relevant to their employment or work on behalf of New Earth Horizon including, name, email, phone, address, passport information, date of birth, photo, marital status, spouse and dependent information, NIC#, bank account details, emergency contact information, salary information, ethnic information (self-identified) and past employment history
Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. If the data subject deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
Information about data subjects from third partiesNew Earth Horizon obtains information including personal data from third parties. This occurs in two contexts:
- Personal data about data subjects that are individuals that are employees or agents of New Earth Horizon’s institutional customers.
- Service providers to New Earth Horizon related to employment or retention of New Earth Horizon’s employees or agents.
3. What New Earth Horizon Does with the Information it collects
New Earth Horizon uses confidential information including Personal Data in: (i) authenticating and verifying authorized use of our platforms, applications, websites, and services, and (ii) improving, offering and administering platforms, applications, websites, and services. We may also use and disclose confidential information and Personal Data in aggregate or statistical form which is not identifiable with the submitter, or as permitted/required by law.
New Earth Horizon may also give information about the submitter, such as name and address, to persons or organizations that may wish to provide you with information about their or related products or services. These organizations may include affiliates of New Earth Horizon.
4. What is the Period which New Earth Horizon will keep the information
The criteria used to determine the period of storage of confidential information including personal data is the relevant lawful purpose for which it is held or 10 years, whichever is later. If the storage of the data is no longer required as previously stated then the confidential information including personal data is blocked or erased.
5. Rights of the data subject for information it collects
- Right of confirmation
Each data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed. If a data subject wishes to avail himself of this right of confirmation, he or she may, at any time, contact New Earth Horizon’s staff at the contact information stated herein.
- Right of access
Each data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller free information about his or her personal data stored at any time and a copy of this information.
New Earth Horizon’s applications and websites may contain links to other websites and applications of third parties. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you will be accessing a website or application that New Earth Horizon does not control and which may be governed by privacy policies and practices that differ from New Earth Horizon’s. New Earth Horizon is not, and will not be, responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third parties or the content or security of any third-party websites and applications.